The 5th Annual MV Wine Fest returns in 2017 from Thursday May 11 through Monday 14. The four day celebration in Edgartown will highlight wines from the United States as well as wine-producing regions such as Bordeaux, Burgundy, Tuscany, Piedmont, Rioja, and more.
The event will also feature the talents of local chefs and their culinary creations. While pairing signature dishes with some of the best wineries, the MV Wine Fest enables collaboration between chefs and wine makers. Small, intimate dinners will be hosted throughout the weekend where guests will also be able to connect with wine makers and chefs.
Wineries at the 2017 event will include Merriam Vineyards, Rombauer Vineyards, Silver Oak Winery, Duckhorn Vineyards, Trifecta Wines, Flanagan Wines, Chateau d’Esclans, Knightsbridge Winery, Caymus Vineyards, and Landmark Vineyards.
The signature Grand Tasting event takes place on Saturday May 13 at the historic Kelley House, near the waterfront in downtown Edgartown.
Other featured events will include:
- “Art of the Cocktail: Locally Crafted”, featuring top Martha’s Vineyard bartenders showcasing New Amsterdam gin and vodka in a friendly competition creating geo-specific island cocktails.
- “Eco-Awareness: Oyster Safari”, (weather permitting) where guests will have a chance to meet and go on an adventure with local oystermen Cottage City Oysters, while learning about sustainability in the New England waters.
- Luminary Farm Dinner, at an exclusive location in Edgartown showcasing the work of three chefs pairing a dinner to Rombaeur Vineyards, Silver Oak Wines, and Duckhorn Vineyards.
- “Burgers & Bubbles”, a fun outdoor (weather permitting) event at the historical Martha’s Vineyard Museum lawn where guests will sip champagne and taste burgers from three chefs in order to vote for their favorite burgers.
- “Oysters & Bubbles”, the event that culminates the weekend where attendees can relax while slurping back freshly shucked oysters from Cottage City Oysters while sipping on Chateau d’Esclans wines.
For more information on events and tickets visit themvwinefestival.com.